Our ever-popular gourd Christmas owls are now popular ornaments!
- Still contains its seeds inside
- Bird ornaments of dried mate gourds
- Each piece is unique hand carved
- Hand-crafted item -- color, size and/or motif may vary slightly
- Our project in Peru is about promoting and employing skilled artisans in need for a market place, upholding fair trade values, respecting local traditions and family structures. Nestled in a dusty street, in one of the poorest suburbs of Lima, surrounded by large factories and hillside slums, our artisan workshop in San Juan de Lurigancho employs and houses dozens of local families of skilled talented artists. Fair trade wages and a sustainable workplace environment have given confidence, pride, inspiration to the artists contributing to their cultural preservation of tradition, lifestyle and dignity.