Are you interested in learning how to decorate sugar cookies or improve your decorating skills? Want to spend an hour and a half of your time having fun and learning with others? Sue (of Sue's Goodies) has been baking sugar cookies for Cup of Joe in Cedar Falls for many years: now she’s going to share with you her decorating secrets! This class is for beginners or for those who want to learn new techniques or practice decorating with others. Come join us!
In this hour and a half class, we'll be decorating six different Easter and Spring cookies that taste great and will look even better once you've decorated them! By the end of the class, you will have created a set of gorgeous cookies ready to dry for 12-24 hours in their own box. And of course, you’ll have new skills, memories, and fun!
In class you’ll receive:
• A set of 6, pre-baked cookies that you will decorate during class
• Royal Icing and directions on how to use a tipless pastry bag to edge the cookies and create details
• Tools you need for decorating
• Detailed directions for decorating the cookies
• Clear directions for different decorating techniques, like edging, flooding, wet-on-wet techniques, and creating texture
• Recipes for Royal Icing and Sugar Cookies
• A box to take your decorated cookies home
What you need to bring:
• All you need to bring is you! (And, maybe an apron if you think you’ll be a messy decorator).
Each person attending will need to have their own ticket. The class is great for ages 12+. Grab a friend, or a family member, or just come on your own: there's a seat for you!
Allergens: Eggs, gluten, and nuts are present in the kitchen used to bake these cookies and icing. Please consider your allergies before registering.